Gond is the edible gum in Asian foods. Gond ke laddu is famous in north India and it is mostly eaten in winters. They are rich, delicious and wholesome sweet and also believed to have medicinal values. With Gond, we use Whole Wheat, Almonds, Cashews Nuts, Desi Ghee and more to make it more healthy and energy balls (Gond Laddu).
Health Benefits of Gond
- It is a good source of calcium and thus it helps in keeping bones and teeth strong.
- It keeps the body warm in winters.
- It is an excellent source of energy.
- Gond is given to nursing mothers because it strengthens the backbone and aids in milk production.
- It helps the uterus to gets the size back post-pregnancy.
- Gond – 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour (atta) – 1 cup
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Dry fruits – chopped (optional)
- First, heat the pan. After heating, pour ghee in the pan and then put gond into the pan.
- The gond will start to fry and initially, the size of gond will increase. This will make gond soft and fried. After frying, keep it aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Now, heat the ghee again in the same pan and fry/roast whole wheat flour until the colour of flour turns to a golden brown. Keep the flame medium. Once done, keep the flour aside to cool down.
- The fried gond is now ready to be turned into paste. Put the Gond in mixer/grinder and make the paste of gond. Till then, the flour will also cool down a little.
- The last step is to make laddu! Mix the flour, paste of gond and powdered sugar well and then make laddu with light hands.
- Bravo! The laddu is ready. For any assistance, watch the video. How to make Gond ke laddu
Tips for making gond ke laddu
Use good quality gond and it has to be deep-fried. Add dry fruits for more flavor. The laddu will be made perfect when the mixture is still hot. It tastes even better if cooked in Desi ghee or homemade ghee. But ghee should be used in limited quantity as extra ghee will make it difficult to bind properly.
I hope you like this recipe! Do try this easy recipe and share your experience with us 🙂